Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Living Dead edited by John Joseph Adams

The Living Dead edited by John Joseph Adams
Publisher:  Night Shade Books
Publish Date:  September 29, 2008
ISBN: 978-1597801430
Pages:  487


34 short stories, all different takes on zombies, from some of the best writers out there.  Authors include: Clive Barker, Poppy Z. Brite, Neil Gaimon, Joe Hill, Stephen King, Laurell K. Hamilton, George R.R. Martin, Kelly Link and more.


Whatever type of zombie you dig, it's in here.  From the shambling mindless ones to the technology driven to the people pretending to be zombies - it's all here. 

There are stories that made me think 'Well, I never would have thought of that!' and stories that made me feel physically ill.  Yes, those are good too....or maybe I'm just weird.  I feel like it's good writing if it can make me feel ill, yet unable to stop reading it.

I won't review all the stories, it's an anthology - you can pick and choose what you like.  I think there's something for everyone in here and I read all of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment